Break Out EDU

I participated in a Breakout EDU a few months ago at a team meeting.  I enjoyed the experience very much.  It is interesting to see how peoples minds work, while some people try to solve these pragmatically others look outside the box for the solutions, which you need to do in order to solve the puzzles.  I tried to do a few that were listed and felt a sense of accomplishment when i figured out the lock, but got frustrated probably because I think more pragmatically and was unable to solve the puzzle. I did pretty well with the Elf Panic Break out, except the locks for the numbers and colors didn't seem to have any clues so it was just a guessing game and the direction arrows didn't state where to start from and even trying every possible direction i was not able to solve this.  This may be where a non-pragmatic thinker might do well.  This is not an individual activity and needs people who think differently to see the puzzle from all sides.  I think this would be a great activity for classrooms that students spend a lot of time working on group projects, or even for elementary classrooms where they are together all day everyday.  This would be great also for health classes or PE.


Comments

  1. I failed at a kindergarten digital breakout! :) Guess I needed a team. Kids do seem to love them and it's such a good opportunity to teach cooperation and teamwork.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 04: Twitter, Facebook & Personal Learning Networks

VR in the Classroom